Charming Victorian in the Quaint Town of Marble, Near Hiking and Fly Fishing!
This beautiful, historical home, built in 1894 by H. H. Williams, is one of the oldest remaining homes in Marble. The Victorian charm of this lovingly restored 19th-century home, situated within the heart of the Crystal River Valley and the White River National Forest, will steal your heart with it’s unique character and design, traditional decor and gorgeous mountain setting!
As a Keylink guest we are pleased to offer you a 10% discount at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park and Iron Mountain Hot Springs with the purchase of online tickets!
In 1941, Mother Nature took it’s toll sending a mud slide through town, destroying the Williams House.The house lay abandoned until 1975 when John M. Williams, the great grandson of H.H. Williams, and his wife Ann, completed it’s restoration in 1981.Now fully and beautifully restored, the Williams House has won architectural awards for its design and has been featured in House Beautiful’s 1982 edition of Home Remodeling for the excellence of the project.
Situated on four acres, this three-story Victorian style home features 3 bedrooms, 3 baths and a fully equipped eat-in kitchen with a separate dining area that seats 6. The kitchen, with its oversized windows, is great for huddling around the table for family game night or watching the sunrise while sipping your morning coffee. In warmer months, enjoy relaxing or dining on the spacious deck while listening to the rushing waters of the Carbonate Creek below.
The living room is comfortably furnished and has a wood burning stove, ideal for spending evenings near a crackling fire after an adventurous day of exploring the quaint town of Marble and the beautiful Crystal River Valley.
The second level has two nicely appointed bedrooms; the master with a king bed and a guest bedroom with a full day bed. The stairwell leading to the upper floor opens up to the third bedroom, situated under a dormer, with an en suite full bathroom. This inviting space is unique with a cozy reading nook and access to the scenic rooftop balcony.
For your convenience, a limited stock of basic guest supplies are provided to start off your stay.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
Though this home doesn’t have air conditioning, it has fans for your use.
Nearby areas to explore include:
• Original marble quarry- 3.9 mi.
• The Crystal Mill (built in 1892)- 5 mi.
• Lizard Lake for great fishing- 2 mi.
• The Gold Medal waters of the Crystal River for fly fishing-5 mi.
• Historic mining town of Redstone- 13 mi.
• Carbondale-27 mi.
• Aspen- 53 mi.
• Glenwood Springs Hot Springs and Iron Mountain Hot Springs Pools- 40 mi.
The Williams House welcomes total relaxation and serenity whether you are rocking on the front porch, stargazing from the rooftop balcony or savoring the crisp, fresh mountain air while relaxing on the deck! Escape to your “Home Away From Home” in this quaint mountain town and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the Crystal River Valley.
• Please DO NOT text displayed phone number since this number does not receive texts.
• Minimum age requirement of 25 to rent this property
• Check-in time 4:00PM, Check-out time 10:00AM
• Dog friendly, must be crated when left alone. Please request our Dog Rules to review them prior to your arrival.
• Please inquire about pet fee. Limit of 2 dogs please.
• This home does not have air conditioning although it stays fairly cool in the summer due to the elevation.
• Smoking, vaping or recreational drug use not permitted on property
• Cancellation policy: 50% refund if cancelled between 30-60 days of arrival, NO refund if cancelled less than 30 days of arrival.
• We HIGHLY recommend you purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance to help protect you since NO REFUNDS if cancelled less than 30 days of arrival; inclusive of storms, road conditions or road closures. We suggest CSA Travel Protection, 866.999.4018, www.vacationrentalinsurance.com.
• Damage deposit is refunded 14 days after departure; may take up to 7 business days to return to your account.
• Additional cleaning fee for excessive cleaning may apply.
• Monthly rates may vary depending on dates booked.
• Rates and amenities are subject to change without notice.