Historic Redstone Home Near Fishing & Hiking w/ Fireplaces, Large Deck and Views!
PLEASE NOTE: A new Pitkin County Public Health Order requires all travelers 10 years of age and older traveling to to Pitkin County to complete an online Travel Affidavit. Please go to this web address to review the requirements and to complete the online Affidavit prior to your arrival. covid19.pitkincounty.com/travel-affidavit/. The Pitkin County Health Order also limits lodging stays to ONE household per lodging unit.
We take the safety of our Guests and Team members very seriously. Our homes are professionally cleaned and disinfected after each check-out in accordance with the CO Department of Public Health & Environment COVID-19 Guidelines. We eliminate person-to person contact by offering self check-in and check-out procedures and most of our properties are private homes without shared amenities.
As a Keylink guest we are pleased to offer you a 10% discount at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park and Iron Mountain Hot Springs with the purchase of online tickets!
Perfectly situated in the heart of the Crystal River Valley under towering red sandstone cliffs, this beautiful historic cottage is the perfect destination to get away and be immersed in nature. Built in 1893, this is one of the original homes for the historical coal mining town of Redstone. Beautifully restored with all of the conveniences of modern life, Redstone Roost has maintained its Victorian charm for over a century.
This unique mountain escape features 2 fireplaces, an expansive west-facing deck, and is located at the end of the road for privacy and seclusion. The three bedroom and 2 bathrooms offer a comfortable retreat for 6 guests after a long day of exploring all that the “Ruby of the Rockies” has to offer!
Exposed wood beams, cedar paneling and cozy furnishings give the living room a warm and inviting quality. A large wood burning fireplace in the center of the space brings warmth and is the perfect place to unwind after a long day of adventure. Windows throughout the home overlooking aspens and evergreens provide a bright, airy feel.
The well equipped kitchen is perfectly suited to whip up a meal for the family to be enjoyed near a second fireplace in the dining area. Both rooms boast views of the incredible red mountains that tower over the wooded landscape. In the warmer months, enjoy dinner or a glass of wine on the massive deck overlooking the town of Redstone and the Crystal River Valley.
A private main bedroom with a comfortable king bed and crisp linens, and a full bathroom can be found on the lower level. Upstairs, a soaking tub overlooks the bright foliage of the grounds. Additionally, there are two charming bedrooms with spectacular valley views. One is furnished with a queen bed and the other with two twins, perfect for children.
Throughout the grounds, relics of the past century can be found. The original #31 address marker, doorbell and even a historic outhouse are on display for fun family conversation! A trail at the end of the driveway heads north to connect with East Creek Trail which offers fantastic opportunities to view wildlife and experience the breathtaking Colorado landscape. Take a walk through the quaint town of Redstone and down to the Crystal River for an afternoon of fly fishing or skipping rocks under blue bird skies.
BED & BATH CONFIGURATIONS:
Master Bedroom: (King)
Full bathroom with tub & shower
2nd Bedroom: (Queen)
3rd Bedroom: (2- Twin)
Full Bathroom with soaking tub (No shower)
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
We HIGHLY recommend you purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance to help protect your vacation since NO REFUNDS if cancelled less than 30 days of arrival; inclusive of illness, storms, road conditions or road closures. We suggest CSA Travel Protection, www.vacationrentalinsurance.com. Inquire about coverage details.
Please review IMPORTANT parking and driving instructions prior to your arrival. There is a 2 car limit due to space constraints. Please contact us for instructions if you have a 3rd vehicle.
A four wheel drive or all wheel drive vehicle is required in winter months due to the location and potential snowfall.
Dog friendly. PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT PET FEE. Must be crated when left alone. Please request to review our Dog Rules prior to your arrival.
Though this home does not have air conditioning, there are floor fans for your use. Due to the location and elevation, the home usually remains comfortable during summer months.
While this home does not have cable, it is equipped with Roku for wifi enabled programming.
There are 2 wood burning fireplaces, forced air heating throughout the home and space heaters for the living room and upstairs bedrooms in the colder months.
If you would like to use the fireplace during your stay, please be sure to bring your own firewood as it is not provided at the home.
This home does not have a dishwasher, but there are scrubbing brushes and dish soap available for guest use.
The small building located to the right of the house is an old art studio and is not available to guests. In addition, the outhouse is for display only and not accessible to guests.
This home is located a short walk away from the Redstone Historic District, a short drive to the charming and historic town of Marble and a 20 minute drive to unique shops and excellent restaurants in Carbondale.
Nearby areas to explore include:
- Historic, quaint mining town of Redstone- .3 mi.
- Redstone Historic Coke Ovens – .3 mi.
- Original marble quarry- 12 mi.
- The Crystal Mill (built in 1892)- 17 mi.
- Unique shops and great restaurants in Carbondale-17 mi.
- World class ski resorts at Aspen and Snowmass- 47 mi.
- Local ski favorite, Sunlight Mountain Resort- 39 mi.
- Glenwood Springs Hot Springs and Iron Mountain Hot Springs Pools- 30 mi.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park- 30 mi.
- Fly fishing in Gold Medal waters of Crystal River- .4 mi.
- White water rafting, kayaking, paddle boarding and canoeing
- Numerous cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, hiking, biking and horseback riding trails
- Excellent golf courses nearby
- Please DO NOT text displayed phone number since this number does not receive texts.
- Minimum age requirement of 25 to rent this property.
- Smoking, vaping, and all recreational drug use is STRICTLY PROHIBITED on the Premises. Disregarding this Rule will result in a $500 FINE that will be deducted from your damage deposit.
- Check-in time 4:00PM, Check-out time 10:00 AM
- Additional clean required for stays of 14 days or more. PLEASE INQUIRE.
- Additional cleaning fee for excessive cleaning or laundry may apply.
- Special events or larger gatherings are not permitted, maximum of 6 guests.
- A limited stock of basic guest supplies are provided to start off your stay.
- Cancellation policy: 50% refund if cancelled between 30-60 days of arrival, NO refund if cancelled less than 30 days of arrival.
- Damage deposit is refunded 14 days after departure; may take up to 7 business days to return to your account.
- Monthly rates available.
- Rates and amenities are subject to change without notice.