Historic Home in Downtown New Castle, Close to Glenwood Springs & Pools!
As a Keylink guest we are pleased to offer you a 10% discount at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, Iron Mountain Hot Springs and Glenwood Adventure Company with the purchase of online tickets! You will receive your discount code in an email one week prior to your arrival.
Recently remodeled with comfortable sleeping arrangements for 8, Lula Mays is the perfect mountain retreat for families or groups! This cozy historic home is located in the heart of downtown New Castle within walking distance of the quaint shops, bars and restaurants and conveniently located only 15 minutes away from Glenwood Springs and the popular hot springs pools!
Built in 1896, this turn of the century home is full of welcoming charm and cozy, unique spaces. The exposed beams and wood paneling reveal the rustic character, but with all of the modern conveniences and comfort of home. The comfortable sectional and fireplace in the living room are perfect for lounging after a long day of exploring this gorgeous region of the Rockies. The kitchen has a nostalgic farmhouse feel with all of the modern amenities to whip up a fantastic family meal. The dining table provides seating for up to 6 people.
A private bedroom with a cozy queen bed and remodeled en suite bathroom can be found on the main level. Additionally, a brightly lit room with a comfortable queen bed, oversized lounge chairs and private outdoor access, is located on the same level.
Journey up a unique spiral staircase to find a large bedroom with a king bed and two twin beds- a great space for families! Greet the morning with a cup of coffee on the private balcony overlooking the sleepy town and gorgeous mountain landscape.
BED & BATH CONFIGURATIONS:
Master Bedroom: (Queen)
Master En Suite Bathroom: (Tub & Shower)
Entry room: (Queen)
**This room is a converted sitting room and does not have a door**
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
We HIGHLY recommend you purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance to help protect your vacation since NO REFUNDS if cancelled less than 30 days of arrival; inclusive of illness, storms, road conditions or road closures. We suggest CSA Travel Protection, www.vacationrentalinsurance.com. Inquire about coverage details.
This home does not have central air conditioning, but there is a window unit in the main floor bedroom, and fans for your use.
For the train enthusiasts in your group, the historic Denver & Rio Grande train line runs behind the home! It is still in use today for Amtrak passengers and cargo shipments and the nearest train stop is located in nearby Glenwood Springs.
This historic home is conveniently located near:
• Locally owned shops and restaurants of downtown New Castle
• Half a block from the RFTA bus station that services Rifle to Aspen
• Great biking, hiking, cross country skiing and snowshoeing trails
• Downtown Glenwood Springs (15 min.)
• Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, Iron Mountain Hot Springs Pool
• Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
• World Class skiing at Aspen, Snowmass and Vail
• Local ski favorite, Sunlight Mountain Resort
• Snowmobile tours
• White water rafting
• Kayaking, paddle boarding, canoeing
• Fly fishing (miles of Gold Medal rivers)
• Golfing (excellent courses nearby)
• Horseback riding
• Please DO NOT text displayed phone number since this number does not receive texts.
• Minimum age requirement of 25 to rent this property.
• Smoking, vaping, and all recreational drug use is STRICTLY PROHIBITED on the Premises. Disregarding this Rule will result in a $500 FINE that will be deducted from your damage deposit.
• Check-in time 4:00PM, Check-out time 10:00 AM
• Extra person charge of $20/night applies for more than 6 guests.
• Additional clean required for stays of 14 days or more. PLEASE INQUIRE.
• Additional cleaning fee for excessive cleaning or laundry may apply.
•Special events or larger gatherings are not permitted, maximum of 8 guests.
• A limited stock of basic guest supplies are provided to start off your stay.
• This home is equipped with a drip coffee maker. Please bring your favorite ground coffee as it is not supplied.
• Personal belongings left behind can be retrieved and shipped for a $35 fee, plus packaging and shipping.
•Cancellation policy: 50% refund if cancelled between 30-60 days of arrival, NO refund if cancelled less than 30 days of arrival.
• Damage deposit is refunded 14 days after departure; may take up to 7 business days to return to your account.
• Additional cleaning fee for excessive cleaning may apply.
• Rates and amenities are subject to change without notice.