Historic Cottage on Private Estate with Swimming Pool & Tennis Court on Site!
PLEASE NOTE: A new Pitkin County Public Health Order requires all travelers 10 years of age and older traveling to to Pitkin County to complete an online Travel Affidavit. Please go to this web address to review the requirements and to complete the online Affidavit prior to your arrival. covid19.pitkincounty.com/travel-affidavit/. The Pitkin County Health Order also limits lodging stays to ONE household per lodging unit.
This charming cottage, the Ice House, is beautifully situated on a turn of the century private estate, the Crystal Farm, within the breathtaking and pristine Crystal River Valley. It is surrounded by by towering red cliffs, mature trees, incredible mountain views and is within 200 feet of the Gold Medal waters of the Crystal River! During summer months amenities include a swimming pool and a tennis court, just steps from the front door!
As a Keylink guest we are pleased to offer you a 10% discount at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park and Iron Mountain Hot Springs with the purchase of online tickets!
John Cleveland Osgood, a coal baron, resided at the nearby Redstone Castle and built the Crystal Farm in the 1890s to provide food for the inhabitants of the town of Redstone. This historical cottage served as the original ice house where ice was cut and stored for use by the town and the Redstone Castle. The Ice House is now a guest house that offers a once in a lifetime experience to its’ guests!
This 2 level cottage is ideal for a couple, or a family with 2 children, at least 10 years of age. It is NOT suitable for 4 adults.
The custom leather furnishings and rugs, antler chandeliers and unique mountain decor create the perfect atmosphere for an amazing mountain getaway experience. The wood burning fireplace in the living room warms up the cottage even on the coldest of nights.
The kitchen is fully equipped to prepare meals and the dining room, with a beautiful antler chandelier, offers great views of the Crystal Farm Estate and red mountain cliffs. Nellie and Flaco, the friendly farm donkeys, can be found in their stable or roaming the grounds in search of a loving pat or scratch.
On the upper level, the nicely appointed bedroom features a comfortable queen bed and the cozy loft area accommodates 2 children with two single mattresses. The loft is great for kids however due to the steep ladder access and low railing in the loft, this space is only suitable for children of at least 10 years of age.
The spacious bathroom is on the lower level and is equipped with an oversized bathtub, great for long soaks.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
We HIGHLY recommend you purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance to help protect your vacation since NO REFUNDS if cancelled less than 30 days of arrival; inclusive of illness, storms, road conditions or road closures. We suggest CSA Travel Protection, www.vacationrentalinsurance.com. Inquire about coverage details.
Dog friendly, limit of 3 dogs. PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT PET FEE. Must be crated when left alone. Please request to review our Dog Rules prior to your arrival.
Not appropriate for 4 adults, suitable for 2 adults or a family with 2 children above 10 years of age.
Though this home does not have air conditioning, there are floor fans for your use. Due to the location and elevation, the home usually remains comfortable during summer months.
The swimming pool and tennis courts are open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
Due to the steep ladder and the low railing, the loft is not appropriate for children under 10 years of age.
This home does not have cable TV however there is a Smart TV with streaming capabilities.
The bedroom is on the upper level and the bathroom is on the lower level. There are 4 stairs to climb to reach the upper level.
The Crystal Farm is located within a short drive to the charming and historic towns of Redstone and Marble and a 20 minute drive to unique shops and excellent restaurants in Carbondale.
Nearby areas to explore include:
• Swimming pool and tennis court (on site)
• Historic, quaint mining town of Redstone- 1.5 mi.
• Original marble quarry- 10 mi.
• The Crystal Mill (built in 1892)- 15 mi.
• Unique shops and great restaurants in Carbondale-18 mi.
• World class ski resorts at Aspen and Snowmass- 46 mi.
• Local ski favorite, Sunlight Mountain Resort- 40 mi.
• Glenwood Springs Hot Springs and Iron Mountain Hot Springs Pools- 30 mi.
• Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park- 31 mi.
• Fly fishing in Gold Medal waters of Crystal River
• White water rafting, kayaking, paddle boarding and canoeing
• Numerous cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, hiking, biking and horseback riding trails
• Excellent golf courses nearby
The Ice House is truly the perfect place for a memorable family vacation or a romantic couple’s mountain getaway! Relax and enjoy the spectacular setting of this private estate in the heart of the Crystal River Valley!
• Please DO NOT text displayed phone number since this number does not receive texts.
• Minimum age requirement of 25 to rent this property.
• Smoking, vaping, and all recreational drug use is STRICTLY PROHIBITED on the Premises. Disregarding this Rule will result in a $500 FINE that will be deducted from your damage deposit.
• Check-in time 3:00PM, Check-out time 10:00 AM
• Additional clean required for stays of 14 days or more. PLEASE INQUIRE.
• Additional cleaning fee for excessive cleaning or laundry may apply.
• Please inquire about pet fee and request our dog rules to review prior to arrival.
•Special events or larger gatherings are not permitted, maximum of 4 guests.
• A limited stock of basic guest supplies are provided to start off your stay.
• Cancellation policy: 50% refund if cancelled between 30-60 days of arrival, NO refund if cancelled less than 30 days of arrival.
• Damage deposit is refunded 14 days after departure; may take up to 7 business days to return to your account.
• Monthly rates available.
• Rates and amenities are subject to change without notice.