Historic Cottage on Estate with Pool and Tennis!
This charming cottage is beautifully situated on a turn of the century private estate, the Crystal Farm, within the breathtaking and pristine Crystal River Valley. This cottage, the Ice House, is surrounded by by towering red cliffs, mature trees, incredible mountain views and is within 200 feet of the Gold Medal waters of the Crystal River! During summer months amenities include a swimming pool and a tennis court, just steps from the front door! As a Keylink guest we are pleased to offer you a 10% discount at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park and Iron Mountain Hot Springs with the purchase of online tickets!
John Cleveland Osgood, a coal baron, resided at the nearby Redstone Castle and built the Crystal Farm in the 1890s to provide food for the inhabitants of the town of Redstone. This historical cottage served as the original ice house where ice was cut and stored for use by the town and the Redstone Castle.
This 2 level cotttage is now a charming, yet rustic guest house that offers a once in a lifetime experience to its’ guests! The Ice House offers all of the comforts of home and more! With its custom leather furnishings and rugs, antler chandeliers and unique mountain decor it creates the perfect atmosphere for an amazing mountain getaway experience.
Though this home does not have air conditioning, there are floor fans for your use. Due to the location and elevation, the Ice House stays cool and comfortable during summer months.
The charming, yet rustic, living room features a wood burning fireplace that warms up the cottage even on the coldest of nights. The kitchen is fully equipped to prepare meals and the dining room, with a beautiful antler chandelier, offers great views of the Crystal Farm Estate and red mountain cliffs.
Nellie and Flaco, the friendly farm donkeys, can be found in their stable or roaming the grounds in search of a loving pat or scratch.
The nicely appointed bedroom features a comfortable queen bed and the cozy loft area accommodates 2 with two single mattresses. The loft is great fun for kids however due to the steep ladder access and low railing in the loft, this space is only suitable for children of at least 10 years of age.
The spacious bathroom is on the lower level and is equipped with an oversized bathtub, great for long soaks after a fun filled day of exploring the Valley.
For your convenience, a limited stock of basic guest supplies are provided to start off your stay.
The Crystal Farm is located within a short drive to the charming and historic towns of Redstone and Marble and a 20 minute drive to unique shops and excellent restaurants in Carbondale. Nearby areas to explore include:
- Swimming pool and tennis court (on site)
- Historic, quaint mining town of Redstone- 1.5 mi.
- Original marble quarry- 10 mi.
- The Crystal Mill (built in 1892)- 15 mi.
- Unique shops and great restaurants in Carbondale-18 mi.
- World class ski resorts at Aspen and Snowmass- 46 mi.
- Local ski favorite, Sunlight Mountain Resort- 40 mi.
- Glenwood Springs Hot Springs and Iron Mountain Hot Springs Pools- 30 mi.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park- 31 mi.
- Fly fishing in Gold Medal waters of Crystal River
- White water rafting, kayaking, paddle boarding and canoeing
- Numerous cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, hiking, biking and horseback riding trails
- Excellent golf courses nearby
- Minimum age requirement of 25 to rent this property
- Check-in time 4:00PM, Check-out time 10:00 AM
- Dog friendly, must be crated when left alone. Please request our Dog Rules to review them prior to your arrival.
- Please inquire about pet fee. Limit of 1 dog please.
- Smoking, vaping or recreational drug use not permitted on premises
- Due to the steep ladder access to the loft, and the low railing, not appropriate for children under 10 years of age
- This home does not have air conditioning although it stays fairly cool in the summer due to the elevation.
- Special events or large, loud gatherings not permitted at this home
- Cancellation policy: 50% refund if cancelled between 30-60 days of arrival, NO refund if cancelled less than 30 days of arrival.
- We HIGHLY recommend you purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance to help protect you since NO REFUNDS if cancelled less than 30 days of arrival; inclusive of storms, road conditions or road closures. We suggest CSA Travel Protection, 866.999.4018, www.vacationrentalinsurance.com.
- Damage deposit is refunded 14 days after departure; may take up to 7 business days to return to your account
- Monthly rates available
- Additional cleaning fee for excessive cleaning may apply
- Rates are subject to change
Experience the best of both worlds with so much to explore at your fingertips! The Ice House is truly the perfect place for a memorable family vacation or a romantic couple’s mountain getaway! Relax and enjoy the spectacular setting of this private estate in the heart of the Crystal River Valley!