Custom Log Home with Mt. Sopris Views, Huge Deck, Fireplace 15 min to Glenwood & Carbondale
We take the safety of our Guests and Team members very seriously. Our homes are professionally cleaned and disinfected after each check-out in accordance with the CO Department of Public Health & Environment COVID-19 Guidelines. We eliminate person-to person contact by offering self check-in and check-out procedures and most of our properties are private homes without shared amenities.
As a Keylink guest we are pleased to offer you a 10% discount at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, Iron Mountain Hot Springs and Glenwood Adventure Company with the purchase of online tickets! You will receive your discount code in an email one week prior to your arrival.
To experience all the Roaring Fork Valley has to offer, look no further than John Galt Lodge. Situated on 7 acres of ranchland overlooking Mt. Sopris, this custom log home has the feeling of a secluded mountain retreat but is conveniently located just 15 minutes from both downtown Glenwood Springs and downtown Carbondale. Boasting an open floor plan, vaulted ceilings, a spacious gourmet kitchen, massive deck with panoramic views and a game room, this premier mountain home is perfect for gathering and entertaining. With 5 comfortably furnished bedrooms and 5 full bathrooms, all guests will find privacy for their rest and relaxation.
Commanding wood beams create an impressive entrance while special rustic touches greet you warmly as you enter this custom home. Expansive windows in the open living room reveal magnificent Mt. Sopris views. Plump furnishings surrounding the wood burning fireplace create a cozy space to relax after a long day on the slopes or exploring the Roaring Fork Valley.
The double-sided stone fireplace also warms the dining area and gourmet kitchen. This abundantly equipped space can facilitate any large family meal or small intimate dinner. In the warmer months, choose to dine outside on the spacious upper deck. This beautiful outdoor living area offers tremendous expansive views of the valley, mountains, trees, flowers, and wildlife all year long. You may be greeted by Lucy, the neighbors’ friendly donkey, roaming the property in search of a loving pat or scratch. She also loves carrots if you happen to have any on hand!
The master bedroom, located on the main floor, is furnished with a king bed, walk in closet, sliding door leading to the deck and ample windows with outstanding views. From the en suite, indulge in a luxurious steam shower or melt the stress away in the jacuzzi tub overlooking the valley and mountains.
A second bedroom with a queen bed, an office space equipped with printer, and a full bathroom can also be found on the main floor.
Downstairs opens up to a window- lined game room equipped with a pool table, massage chair, lounge seating, a library of movies and games, as well as a desk for those needing a workspace. A door leads to an outdoor patio and lush grassy area with spectacular views. Off the game room, there are two bedrooms one with a queen bed and one with a double, both with en suite bathrooms and windows opening to more breathtaking scenery. There is an additional bedroom furnished with two twin beds with private access to driveway.
BED & BATH CONFIGURATIONS:
Master Bedroom: (King) + En Suite (Jacuzzi Tub, Steam shower)
2nd Bedroom: (Queen)
Full bathroom with shower
3rd Bedroom: (Queen) + En Suite (Tub and Shower)
4th Bedroom: (Double) + En Suite (Tub and Shower)
5th Bedroom: (2-Twin)
Full bathroom with shower
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
We HIGHLY recommend you purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance to help protect your vacation since NO REFUNDS if cancelled less than 30 days of arrival; inclusive of illness, storms, road conditions or road closures. We suggest CSA Travel Protection, www.vacationrentalinsurance.com. Inquire about coverage details.
Dog friendly, PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT PET FEE. Must be crated when left alone. Please request to review our Dog Rules prior to your arrival.
The upper level of this home is air conditioned and the lower level provides fans for your comfort.
The garage is not available for guest use.
A four wheel or all wheel drive vehicle is required in winter months due to the long sloped driveway.
Owners may stay in an RV on property periodically. The RV would be parked on the opposite side of the barn and they would not need access to the home. There would be no shared spaces and they are very respectful of guests’ privacy.
The backyard is not fenced on this property, so please exercise caution and ensure that children and dogs are supervised at all times.
Centrally and conveniently located near:
- World Class skiing at Aspen, Snowmass, Vail and a local favorite, Sunlight Mountain
- Numerous cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking and biking trails
- Snowmobile Tours
- Gold Medal Fly Fishing in the Roaring Fork River
- Glenwood Hot Springs Pool and Iron Mountain Hot Springs
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
- White water rafting, kayaking, paddle boarding and canoeing
- Scenic bike paths include: Rio Grand Bike trails, Crystal Valley Trail or the Glenwood Canyon Bike Trail
- Horseback Riding
- Golfing (Excellent courses nearby)
- Glenwood Vaudeville Revue
- Cultural events in Aspen including the Food and Wine Classic
- Please DO NOT text displayed phone number since this number does not receive texts.
- Minimum age requirement of 25 to rent this property.
- Smoking, vaping, and all recreational drug use is STRICTLY PROHIBITED on the Premises. Disregarding this Rule will result in a $500 FINE that will be deducted from your damage deposit.
- Check-in time 4:00PM, Check-out time 10:00 AM.
- Additional clean required for stays of 10 days or more. PLEASE INQUIRE.
- Additional cleaning fee for excessive cleaning or laundry may apply.
- Special events or larger gatherings are not permitted, maximum of 10 guests.
- A limited stock of basic guest supplies are provided to start off your stay.
- This home is equipped with a combination coffee maker that takes pods or makes regular drip coffee. Please bring your favorite pods or ground coffee as they are not supplied.
- Personal belongings left behind can be retrieved and shipped for a $35 fee, plus packaging and shipping.
- Cancellation policy: 50% refund if cancelled between 30-60 days of arrival, NO refund if cancelled less than 30 days of arrival.
- Damage deposit is refunded 14 days after departure; may take up to 7 business days to return to your account
- Monthly rates available.
- Rates and amenities are subject to change without notice.